Thursday 12 March 2015

Steak bits marinated

When searching the freezer for inspiration the other day I also took out some steak
for some bizarre reason it was cut up.

I had no idea what I wanted to make with it.

I used to make a marinate years ago with garlic and brown sugar and I just did not want to go down that route,  I used to like the marinate when I first made it, but eventually I realized I actually didn't like it!
Also I just didn't want to use garlic or brown sugar

So I looked through my herb and spice cupboard ~ nothing jumped out! 
I then noticed the balsamic vinegar that I used that morning to cook so tomatoes

In a container I but the beef in, Balsamic vinegar, apple cider vinegar and oil

I then remembered the fresh oregano I had also used this morning, I also remembered the fresh thyme  that I also had left….did it go together? …… no idea!!!
but guess what…..we were having it!

then left it until I cooked dinner, which was about 4~5 hours
I noticed when I was looking for marinate ideas that most people used ziplock style bags
I don't (doing my "Green Bit') 

What's on this I was asked ~ vinegar I replied….is it ok?  I asked.
yeah…
well there was none left on their plates.
What you'll need

plus the fresh thyme which needed to be used

add the balsamic, apple cider vinegar and oil


season with salt and pepper
add the thyme
mix it all together
leave as long as possible

I cooked mine in a cast iron skillet


No comments:

Post a Comment