Wednesday 4 March 2015

Green beans and mushrooms

I'm always looking for new side dishes

We love peas ~ well I love peas and if I could serve peas will every meal I think I would.

I love mushrooms and the other two  like green beans  so I found a few recipes that sounded lovely, until I reached the cheese part….That's a no no in our house with hubby.

So I thought ok ~ how difficult is this going to be to do something with green beans and mushrooms

I came up with this

What you'll need

Green beans
mushrooms cut into slices
medium onion sliced
apple cider vinegar  ~ 1/8 cup ish (I used just over an 1/8th)
butter
Salt & pepper

bring your Green beans to a boil and cook for a few minutes
in a saute/frying pan melt a knob of better and cook the onions until soft
add the mushrooms and season with salt and pepper
drain the green beans well then add them to the onions and mushrooms
add the vinegar and cook for a few minutes

I served this with gammon steaks and it was a hit :)

Enjoy

What you'll need

cook the beans
for about 5~6 minutes

slice the onions

slice the mushrooms

Melt the butter and add the mushrooms
When the onions are almost cooked
add the mushrooms
Season with salt and pepper
Add the drained cooked green beans

add the vinegar


for for about 2 minutes

Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment