Wednesday 25 March 2015

My version of a sort of a crab rangoon

The first time I had a crab rangoon I was in in New Hampshire.
I was like hummmm yeah fish ~ NOT!!!!!
BUT……. I loved them!
I was also pretty psyched as I had chinese out of little white boxes like I used to see on TV or in the movies….I know sad!

Over the years I have made plenty along the way but I normally fry them and I decided this had to stop
No idea why this dish in particularly ~ but I just did.

I have tried baking them before and making them into a sort of a pinwheel.
But then when I tried doing it like that I had to cut the wrappers smaller.

Then recently I made them and instead of using tinned Crab I used  shredded crab stick
I also gave up trying to make them into a pin wheel, so I made tiny spring roll looking things

So what you'll need!

Cream cheese
Crab
creamed horseradish ~ 1 tablespoon   (not pictured)
smoked paprika  ~ 1 1/2 teaspoons
chili powder   ~ 1 1/2 tablespoons
ground white pepper 1/2 teaspoon
spring roll wrappers
water
beaten egg

Mix the crab, creamed cheese, horseradish, smoked paprika, pepper, and chili together and leave in the fridge for at least 1 hour!
Then place your spring roll wrapper at an angle like in the picture
add a spoonful of the mixture, with water wet the edges
then fold the bottom corner over the mixture DON'T FOLD TO THE TOP!
then fold the left side in, then fold in the right side making sure all the wrapper is tucked in
then roll to the top of the wrapper and coat in a LITTLE beaten egg
Bake at 180/350 degrees for about 18-20 minutes

Serve with sweet chili sauce

enjoy!









No comments:

Post a Comment