Monday 9 March 2015

Refreshing tomato salad

I really like refreshing salads and this salad is really nice and refreshing :)
It has fresh coriander/cilantro, ginger and lime whats not to like? :)

I make this and we have this instead of salsa when we have fajitas
The ginger gives this a nice zing :)

It's also great as a appetizer with chips/crisp

What you'll need

Small tomatoes
fresh coriander/cilantro ~ 1/4 cup
fresh grated ginger ~ about 1 tablespoon
red onion thinly sliced ~ medium sized
Juice of 1/2 lime juice
Zest of 1/2 lime
chili flakes ~ a pinch
salt & pepper ~ pinch


Cut and deseed the tomatoes
then add all ingredients in a bowl and mix

The reason I deseed the tomatoes is because I make ahead of time and with the lime juice and the seeds I find it just to much liquid

I LOVE this salad cold just out of the fridge

Enjoy!


what you'll need

deseed and chop your tomatoes

juice and zest half a lime

chop Coriander and Cilantro

But everything in a bowl

mix well

enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment