Tuesday 24 March 2015

Sliced pickled onion

I love most pickles and relishes and moving here, was great.
I think I'm I'm keeping my local supermarket in business when I keep buying the
Silver skin cocktail onions

So I alway seem to have a couples of jars being thrown away in the trash each week

Then one day the unthinkable happened. I went to get some out the fridge and there were hardly any in the jar….Well this is not like me because if there were only a few left I'd have eaten them!
Somebody else must have been at them!!!!

So I sliced some onion, strained the vinegar that was in the jar and placed the seasoned sweet seasoned vinegar and onions in a new jar and put it in the fridge.

This is great with salads and burgers

What you'll need,

the vinegar/juice from your pickles ~ I used the sweetened type
thinly sliced onions





No comments:

Post a Comment