Thursday 19 March 2015

Marinated Lamb

I was really wanted some lamb this week. Which got me thinking to the minted lamb we we get when we lived in Dubai. I LOVED that stuff, it was the best!!!

Then I remembered when we moved here and I was excited to see what I thought was minted lamb….. it wasn't, I don't know what it was but it was nasty!

I decided to make my own today.
While the stuff in some butchers is a powdered mix I decided as I had fresh herbs here that was what I was using :)

It was good :) it didn't taste like what I would buy when I'd get them already flavoured.
Even so it was good!

I left them to marinate for about 2 hours. Then Gareth cooked them in a griddle 

What you'll need

Lamb
olive oil ~ 2 tablespoons
fresh mint ~ 1/2 cup
fresh parsley ~ 1/3 cup 
Chili salt ~ 1/2 teaspoon  (I used the one I made recently)
Sugar ~ 1 teaspoon
pepper ( I forgot to add the pepper to the picture)

in a bowl add the oil, mint, parsley, chili salt, pepper then blitz with the band blender 
Then dip/over the lamb in the paste. 
leave to marinate for as long as possible. I only had 2 hours
Then cook in a hot pan until cooked to your liking 

Enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment