Tuesday 3 February 2015

Slow cooked Mongolian Beef




We love Mongolian Beef in our house.
It is fairly quick and easy to make from scratch.
I find when I make it I have to pretty much make it and serve it. Well Sometimes that is not possible especially when we have basketball practice.
So I was excited to find a slow cooked mongolian Beef.
It was pretty much the same as my recipe but with an added ingredient.

Did I love it as much as my usual recipe? No :( but I think that might have to do with the Hosin Sauce. It wasn't a brand I have ever used before.
Would I make it again…? YES The beef was tender.


You'll need

Beef cut into thin strips
onion (I used a medium sized)
corn starch/corn flour (1/4 cup)
2 cloves of garlic minced
fresh ginger  grated ( I used about 2cm piece)
spring/green onions (1 bunch) Keeping the tops for decoration
soya sauce 1/4 cup
Brown sugar 1/3
Hosin Sauce ( I used 1/3 cup)
water As much as needed
Oil Tablespoon



Mix the beef strips with the corn starch and mix well.
Then leave for about 10 minutes
In a pan add the oil and cook the beef for about 4~5 minutes in total
so your just slightly browning the beef.
In the slow cooker, add the sugar, soya sauce, hosin sauce, all the onions,
garlic, ginger and about 1/4  cup of water

Mix everything together and cook on high for 2 hours
then add another  1/4 ~ 1/2 cup of water
to low for about one more hour.


Serve and garnish with the chopped green onions















No comments:

Post a Comment