Monday 2 February 2015

crockpot/slow~cooked Sesame, Honey chicken

I use my slow cooker a lot, I'll actually be using it for tonights dinner :) 

 They were getting bored with what was being served from the slow cooker. So I knew I needed to find other things. I knew some would be a hit and some pushed around the plate.

I did find a few new recipes and some had to be tweaked to fit in with us.

This recipe is more honey chicken than Sesame Honey chicken to be honest

For the Sesame Honey chicken you'll need
Boneless chicken thighs (you can you breast but I prefer the thighs)
1/2 cup honey
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup tomato ketchup
Small onion chopped up
2 gloves of minced garlic (1 large clove is also enough)
Good pinch of red chili flakes
4 tablespoons of cornstarch/flour mixed in with 5~6 tablespoons of water
Salt and pepper
Sesame seeds

In the slow cooker add the honey, soya sauce, garlic, chili flakes onion and Salt and pepper and mix well. (use a silicone or wooden spoon)

Put the chicken thighs, and chopped onion in the slow cooker.
Then mix and mix well

Turn on low for 4 1/2 ~ 5 hours 

Remove the chicken

Mix the corn starch and water and pour into the liquid in the slow cooker and stir.
Turn on high and the sauce for about 10 minutes and it should  thicken up I never leave it long enough ;)

Cut the chicken up, then add the chicken back into the slow cooker for about 10 more minutes


Everything you'll need for the recipe

All mixed and ready to turn on


add the mixed corn starch and water to the slow cooker after the chicken has been removed

Mix well

When the sauce is thickening chop the chicken up

Add then chicken back to the slow cooker 

Serve and sprinkle with sesame seeds






No comments:

Post a Comment