Monday 16 February 2015

My Meatloaf

I've started making Meatloaf again. I hadn't made it for years.
I'd taken the ground beef out of the freezer to make one dish and then realized I never had everything I needed for that recipe and then Meatloaf was revived in our house :)

It's easy to make, tasty and filling what more could you want in this cold weather :)

My sister and family are visiting  this week and I wanted  something that wasn't going to take an age to prepare quick.

It seemed to be a hit :)

What you'll need

Minced/ground beef
eggs
minced dried onion  ~ 1/4 cup
onion powder  ~1 tablespoon
celery seed ~ 1 teaspoon
smoky paprika  ~ 2 tablespoons 
mixed herbs ~ 2 tablespoons
Worcestershire  Sauce 
crackers (I used Tuc  )
Tomato ketchup 
salt and pepper

Smash the crackers into crumbs
beat the eggs 
add the meat to a bowl
then add the cracker crumbs, minced onion, onion powder, celery seed, smoky paprika,  mixed herbs and salt and pepper (all dry ingredients)
mix together REALLY well, best way is to use your hands 
then add the worcester sauce and egg and mix again 
you need to mix well so the mixture is not too wet.
then shape the mixture into a loaf shape.
for easy I shape mine on a silicone oven mat and then bake  (easier to wash as well)
then pour the ketchup over the top of the meat mixture
spread the ketchup so the top off the meat is covered (not all over the meatloaf just the top)
bake in the oven until cooked through 

Slice then serve :)


What you'll need


You'll need Ketchup also 

smash the crackers to crumbs

beat the eggs

add all the dry ingredients

Mix well, using your hands is best 

add Worcestershire sauce

add egg and mix well

shape into a loaf shape

spread ketchup over just the top of the meatloaf
bake until cooked through
This took about 1 hour  15 at 190 degrees

enjoy :)



No comments:

Post a Comment