Thursday 19 February 2015

One dish dinner

I do like easy dinners….
This one is REALLY easy!

I have seen this for AGES on different sites and blogs.
I'd never seen anything bad posted it about…So this was our dinner

Also I had everything in the house for the seasoning and the one dish meal :) so bonus!

You don't have to really do much , throw some chicken breast in a oven proof dish, just chop a few spud's  throw them in the end, chuck a few green beans the other end, add some butter and some ranch seasoning and bake in the oven for an hour.

I didn't have an packets of ranch.
….so I made some……

The ranch seasoning is just the herbs, not the dairy.
I haven'y used it to make a dip yet…that I'll try another time :)

for the Ranch seasoning you'll need

7 tablespoons dried chopped parsley
5 tablespoons dried/mince chopped onions
1 teaspoon powdered garlic
1 1/2 teaspoon of salt

(the original recipe called for 4 teaspoons of salt, that sounded like a lot of salt to me)
I also didn't add any extra salt to the one dish dinner :)

For the one dish dinner you'll need

chicken
potatoes
green beans
butter
the Ranch mix (you can use a packet)


In an ovenproof dish add the chicken breast to the middle of the dish
chop some potatoes (leaving the skin on) then put the potatoes one end of the dish
add the green beans to the other end of the dish
cut the butter into small cubes, and spread over the beans, chicken and spud's
then add the ranch seasoning. I used about 8~10 teaspoons
I then baked for around 1 hour ~ ish @ 180 degrees/350

I forgot to cover the dish in foil.
Would I add foil next time? NO!
The potatoes where lovely, the chicken moist, some of the beans looked a bit blah…but they tasted great!



What you'll need for the Ranch seasoning

add all to a bowl/jar

mix




Then make the one dish dinner :)

What you'll need
( I never used all that butter it was for the picture)

Put all in the dish with the chicken in the middle

cube the butter and spread it out over the dish

add the ranch seasoning
I then stirred the potatoes and beans
Then I baked at 180/350 degrees

Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment