Wednesday 4 February 2015

Pulled Chicken

We had pulled chicken last night and it was GOOD
Seriously it was!
Well there was clean plates all around :)

I think this might actually be one of my favourite recipes in the slow cooker!

YES, I used the slow cooker again….This can be made in the oven, but I like I can just throw it all in the slow cooker and just leave it.

You'll need…

Chicken
2 cups BBQ sauce (any brand)
1/4 cup dried onion flakes
2 tablespoons smoked paprika
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1/4 cup of brown sugar
1/3 cup of orange juice
chili flakes

Mix all the ingredients except the chicken into the slow cooker dish.
when all mixed, add the chicken and making sure the chicken is well coated in the sauce.

Cook on low for 4~5 hours

When the chicken is cooked, remove it and shred it then add it back to the pot  mixing  into the sauce






You'll need these….

and these :)

In the slow cooker add the BBQ sauce, orange juice, worcestershire sauce,
apple cider vinegar,  sugar, smoked paprika, dried minced onion, chili flakes  and sugar.
Mix well
Add the chicken and make sure it's all coated
cook on low for 4~5 hours
I removed chicken and shredded it about 1/2 hour before I served
I then re-added  the chicken back into the slow cooker and mixed  it with the sauce
I served in a toasted hamburg bun and served with onion soup potatoes 



No comments:

Post a Comment