Monday 26 January 2015

Quick and easy red curry soup

I love soup and I'm always on the look out for new recipes to try out.

We  have a few favourite recipes, but soup can take a while to make.
Saying that I do find that making soup can be quiet therapeutic, chopping up the veggies, putting the seasoning together.

Sometimes though you just want something quick and easy, and this is quick and easy!

What you'll need…..


Chicken breast (cut into small pieces, the smaller the pieces the quicker it cooks)
mushrooms (as much as you like I peel and quarter them)
pre cooked lo mein noodles (I found them in the chilled veg department in the store)
red curry paste (I used 1 tablespoon)
coconut milk (I used 1/2 a can)
hand full of peas (I used frozen)
fresh coriander/cilantro
water
Sliced red chili's (not that I'd add them to mine, but I would add to hubby's)


Give the can of coconut milk a really good shake

In a pan added the red curry paste and chicken
mix well when the chicken is coated and the chicken has started to cook add the coconut milk
add a pinch of salt
Add some water, add until you have the consistency you want.
Keep stirring and make sure all is mixed
add the mushrooms and the peas. Let the soup simmer and when all is cooked (really doesn't take long)
Add the noodles, mix well.

Serve and garnish with coriander/cilantro

This what you'll need

Not forgetting the coriander/cliantro
Mix the curry paste and chicken and start cooking
Add the coconut milk and mix well
Then add the mushrooms
add a handful of peas
Add the pre cooked lo mein noodles
Garnish with lots of fresh coriander/cilantro












No comments:

Post a Comment