Wednesday 28 January 2015

Kids Curry (well not a spicy curry)

We like curry in our house, but we have different levels of spice love.
I think if Hubby was was served a steaming hot/spicy Indian meal  every night he'd be
happy.…hummmm where as I like a butter chicken and that's kind of my limit. I'd also have no problem if the chicken was left out and I was just left with the sauce and a fresh nan bread :)

I realized very soon, that making curry wasn't always the best idea, but as we all liked curry to a level also wanted to make something that all of us could eat. So I came up with the easiest recipe EVER
I also throw this in the slow cooker :)
The Kid's curry came from hubby who said, are you making this for kids…..Hummm yeah yours!

While everyone else can tolerate more spice these day's I can't!

Is it really a curry…? Well it doesn't have the work put into that some curry's have!

you will need

pork/chicken/beef (I used pork in this one)
2 medium onions chopped fairly large
curry powder, Just the basic curry powder ~ (I used about 2 1/2 ~ 3 1/2 tablespoons)
smoked paprika ~ (I used about 1 1/2 tablespoons)
tomato paste     ~   (I used a small can 68g)
tomato ketchup/sauce  ~    (I used one big squeeze)
salt/pepper ~ just a pinch of each
water   So the the sauce is not to thick
oil ~ just a drop for cooking the onions

The measurements are for what suits you!

Put a small bit of oil in a pan, cook the onions until soft.
Sear the meat, then add all the  ingredients into the slow cooker, stir and cook on low for around 4-6 hours.






No comments:

Post a Comment