Tuesday 20 January 2015

Cleaning the slow cooker

For us basketball training means that we are always home just after what used to be dinner time. Making dinner from scratch at that time of the evening/night time is not an option.

This means I have started using the slow cooker a lot more.  Meals are waiting when we get in, I might have to warm up the rice, potatoes or boil some pasta. This is a LOT quicker than starting dinner so late.

There is a slight problem with that ~ the lovely thick welded on food…NOT!!!!

I absolutely hate wasting  a scouring pad cleaning this, sometimes 2 scouring pads have to sacrificed ….I also hate that it takes ages to clean it. I seem to get more water over me than what  should be in the sink :( 

So I'd read somewhere about filling the ceramic dish part of the slow cooker with water and then adding a dishwasher tablet. Then turning the slow cooker on and leaving for a while. Throw the yucky water out. Then wipe and give a quick swirl with water.

I find this REALLY works for me and really saves me time.

PLEASE DON'T ADD WATER TO THE ELECTRICAL PART OF THE SLOW COOKER!!!
YOU COULD DO YOURSELF A SERIOUS INJURY AND RUIN YOUR SLOW COOKER!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment