Wednesday 21 January 2015

Cleaning the sink pipes

I'm the type of person who buys cleaning products just because they smell so lovely. So if the bottle promises me the smell of winterberries that will make me feel all cwtched/hugged up I'll buy it!
Not that I have any idea what winterberries actually smell like.
 When I was a child I remember  my mum used to use a disinfectant that smells like flowers. I used to love when my mum used that. I have bought the product since and they have changed the scent and its still nice but no where near as lovely as when I was a kid.

When we lived in Asia I couldn't always find what I was looking for in the cleaning supply aisle. Not that cleaning if my favorite thing!!!!
Pictures on the products only go so far in helping you!!!


So I looked up natural ways to clean ~ how clean with products you have in your home…your getting my drift.

Well two that came up and seemed to have lots of thumbs up were these two and they work for me.

1. The egg shell cleaner

2. The Baking Soda and Vinegar method 

I do the both.


The egg shell down the drain apparently is good because the sharp edges help to take away gunk! 
It's also natural :)
Now Im not saying collect your eggs for weeks and then try this….I do this when ever I use eggs.

If you do try the egg shell method, BE CAREFUL when breaking the shell up as it's sharp!
Scrunching in in your hand does hurt at times 
You do have to make the shell quiet small to get it through the top of the drain

For the BAKING SODA and vinegar method, you'll need
1/4 cup of BAKING SODA
1/2 cup of vinegar


So you have your egg shells that you'd normally put in the bin

Bash them up, careful not to cut yourself!!!

start running the tap at full blast!!!
Make sure all egg shell is down the drain!

Add 1/2 cup of BAKING SODA

Pour white vinegar onto the BAKING SODA

The mix will start to bubble up



Put a plate over the top of the drain and leave for 30 minutes.















No comments:

Post a Comment