Friday 29 April 2016

Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Avocado

           Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Avocado


I have recently discovered I'm getting a taste for hot sauce. 
This has been a whole new thing for me.
...Well its hot, it's spicy, it burns...but I'm getting braver 

A friend makes this gorgeous hot buffalo chicken dip, which I LOVE! 
I would make this for a crowd but wouldn't make it for us as a family because of the cheese.
It would mean that only I would be eating it.....

Which got me thinking about a quick Buffalo chicken salad that I could make ahead of time and TH could take to work for lunch, or TS could thrown some in sandwich for a quick lunch.

So I made a really quick and easy Buffalo Chicken Salad

Then I noticed the Avocado's and thought instead of a sandwich I'd make something else....

What you'll need

chicken breast ~ 3  breasts, poached  and shredded
avocado ~ 1 whole avocado
mayo ~ 1/4 cup
hot sauce ~ 3 tablespoons
Cherry Tomatoes ~ 1/4 cup chopped
Cucumber ~ 1/4 cup diced
salt and pepper
lime slice

Poach the chicken, when cooked shred the chicken/chop 
leave to cool

chop the tomatoes and cucumber

slice the avocado in half length ways, remove the stone
with a sharp knife, VERY CAREFULLY so not to cut the skin of the avocado.
cut the flesh of the avocado, in to squares, then with a spoon remove the flesh

in a bowl add the mayo, hot sauce and salt and pepper and mix well 
add the shredded chicken mix well
also add the tomatoes, cucumber and 1/4 of the avocado 
fold altogether 

spoon the chicken salad  into the avocado shells 
serve with a slice of lime and squeeze the lime over the salad 

Enjoy!





































No comments:

Post a Comment