Saturday 23 April 2016

Double Chocolate Banana Bread

           Double Chocolate Banana Bread




For those that know me, they would know I would NEVER normally make banana bread....
Banana's are NOT my favorite food!
The only time bananas are really consumed in our home is when TS comes home from basketball training or he is running late in the morning and he woof down a couple of bananas with something that is close at hand and then it's  really easy to tell me "I've had breakfast"
They also get used in smoothies...I use as little banana in a smoothie as possible for myself .....

Anyway I have wanted to stop wasting as much food as we seem to
As soon as I see a brown spot on the banana, that is it....in the bin they go!

So this week I decided I was not wasting the bananas any more!

I normally use a silicone loaf pan.  I decided to use a metal tin.
I'll be honest I was worried that half the loaf would be left inside the pan...not the case.

I knew this was a success when TS came down the stairs, took a folk out the draw and just started digging in!
He smelt the banana bread wafting up the stairs apparently :)

What you'll need

All purpose/plain flour ~ 1 1/2 cups
light brown sugar ~ 1/2 cup
coco powder 1/2 cup
baking soda ~ 1 teaspoon
bake powder ~ 1/2 teaspoon
chopped up chocolate/chips 1/2
salt ~ 1/2 teaspoon
bananas ~ I used 1 1/2
greek yogurt ~ 1/2 cup
maple syrup ~ 1/4 cup
eggs, beaten ~ 2
vanilla extract ~ 1/2 teaspoon

MIX THIS BY HAND
an electric mixer will over mix this

preheat the oven to 180 °C/350 °F

mash the bananas

whisk the eggs

in a bowl mix the flour, coco powder, sugar, baking soda, baking powder and salt, mix well

in another bowl add the mashed banana, Greek yogurt, maple syrup, whisked eggs and vanilla
stir the wet ingredients until all blended well

when all mixed and blended add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients
mix well leaving no flour unmixed

add the chocolate and fold in

grease a loaf pan

pour the mix into the loaf pan

bake for 60minutes, after 45 minutes cover the loaf with foil so the loaf will not burn
using a knife, insert a knife and if it come out clean your

remove from the oven and leave for a few minutes before removing the loaf from the pan

Enjoy






















No comments:

Post a Comment