Tuesday 26 April 2016

Pasta Salad (No Mayo)

                            Pasta Salad 
                                  (No Mayo)



It was getting to the stage  that we were having the same dinners it seemed on a weekly rotation.
fitting dinners in around basketball practice wasn't helping. Making dinners that could be warmed up quickly when home from practice or something that could be ready early enough before training.

Now the season has finished and dinner times are back to normal.

I looked in the cupboard and see the the mountain of pasta that I had bought when on sale or just making sure we had pasta. TS loves his pasta.

I was thinking of a pasta salad, TS dislikes mayo and you can't always hide mayo.

I remembered a few years ago I had made a pasta salad for a mothers day picnic in the park.
It was a not day and i wasn't happy about taking mayo.
That day I took an Asian pasta salad.

I looked in the fridge yesterday and I had stuff I would throw into a stir fry and thought why not
TS ate it, there was no mayo so I knew it wouldn't be a problem .


What you'll need  

uncooked pasta ~ 3 cups
snow peas/mange tout ~ 1/2 cup
shredded/grated carrot ~ 1/2 cup
broccoli raw ~ 1/2 chopped
sweet corn ~ 1/4 cup
green/spring onions ~1/4 cup
red bell/capsicum/pepper ~ 1/2 cup diced

dressing 

soya sauce ~ 2 tablespoons
sesame oil ~ 1 teaspoon
honey ~ 1 1/2 teaspoons
garlic powder ~ 1/4 teaspoon
ground ginger ~ 1/4 teaspoon
red chili flakes ~ 1/2 teaspoon
Pepper ~ 1/4 teaspoon
sesame seeds toasted ~ 1/2 teaspoon (toast in a non stick pan NO OIL for 2 minutes, stir constantly)

**(chili flakes and pepper for dressing NOT pictured)

Cook your pasta

in a bowl/jug make your dressing adding all the ingredients and mixing well
and leave to the side

drain the pasta when cooked, add the dressing, mixing well and leave to cool down

chop veggies

when the pasta has cooled add the veggies and stir in the veggies

Enjoy!


























No comments:

Post a Comment