Monday 30 May 2016

Korean Chicken

                          Korean Chicken 



I had bought some lovely double chicken breasts from my favourite chicken place in the Friday market. I wanted to make something with a 'lil kick' TH loves spicy food so I had him in mind when I made this      

This is a easy and tasty chicken meal, and the best part is it's all thrown into a container, put the lid on and give it a shake and leave in the fridge.
I only had an hour for the chicken to marinade. As usual time run away from me.

You can throw everything into a ziplock bag but I try not use Ziplock bags for marinating. I'm trying to be greener.

What you'll need 


chicken breast ~ 2lb/1kg (I cut mine into strips)
soya sauce ~  1/4 cup
apple sauce ~ 1/4 cup
sesame oil ~ 1 teaspoon
garlic mince/chopped finely ~ 2 large cloves
fresh grated ginger ~  1 teaspoon
onion powder ~ 1 tablespoon
brown sugar ~1 teaspoon
red chili flakes ~ 3/4 teaspoon
sesame seeds ~ 2 teaspoons
water ~ 1/2 cup
green/spring onions finely chopped ~ 3/4

Cut your chicken into strips
in a bowl add the soya sauce, apple sauce, sesame oil, minced garlic, grated ginger, onion powder, brown sugar, red chili flakes and sesame seeds
mix all together
add the chicken strips, making sure the chicken is all coated/covered
cover the chicken and place in the fridge for minimum of 1 hour

heat a pan and start add the chicken.
you will have  liquid left in the bowl/container
add the water and stir

when the chicken is almost cooked, add the rest of the liquid to the pan and leave to simmer

serve and garnish with the chopped spring/green onions

Enjoy!














No comments:

Post a Comment