Friday 13 May 2016

Iced Coffee

                               Iced Coffee




The weather has really warmed up here, the sun is shining, sun lotion is out.... Even though the temperature is meant to drop again next week.

It's really nice to sit outside,  seeing the clean bedding drying (nothing like bedding that has been line dried outside) watching the planes fly over. Catching up on reading, listening to my favourite podcasts or just daydreaming.

Coffee is not my favourite thing. In fact hot drinks full stop  are not my thing.
I love iced cold drinks. The colder the better :) I also do like an iced coffee
Years ago while in Canada I found a iced cappuccino. Oh boy was that drink good. I don't actually think there was much more than a drizzle of coffee ;)

I kept seeing the the Pioneer Womens iced coffee. I didn't have the contain size she mentioned. Also I don't have a huge lovely fridge to house the coffee.
I'd made sure the ice cube tray was full. I'd even used some of the duck ice cube trays to help fill the tray.
In the Pioneer Womens recipe she mentions using half and half. Another thing you don't get here.
I also was looking  to make something lactose free.
So I made it my way.....!!!
Including using the duck ice cubes :)


What you'll need

ground coffee ~ 1 cup
COLD water ~ 10 cups
sugar/sweetener ~ to YOUR TASTE
almond milk or milk

ice cubes


In a container add the ground coffee
add the COLD water.
mix/stir well making sure all the coffee is mixed
put the lid on the container and leave in fridge for at least 6-8 hours
I left mine over night

Get a jug, place a sieve over the jug.
Line the sieve with a cheese cloth or thin cotton tea-towel
pour the coffee into lined sieve.

pour the strained coffee back into an airtight container and keep refrigerated for up to 3 weeks

When ready to use

in a glass add ice cubes
pour in the coffee
add sugar of choice
add milk of choice and stir

Enjoy!






























No comments:

Post a Comment