Friday 6 May 2016

Buffalo Chicken Burgers

               Buffalo Chicken Burgers




As I might have mentioned a couple of times I'm starting to really like buffalo chicken....Wings, dips, sandwiches.

I was thinking about what to make for dinner. The weather was so lovely I did think about using the slow cooker....yes I use my slow cooker in warm weather!
It keeps the kitchen so much cooler

Any way I was thinking about dinner and thought I might just them burgers.
It's was Friday morning so it meant the local market was on.
I was wandering around the market and bought some lovely Roquefort cheese ( had planned on making some blue cheese dip)
Walked by my favourite chicken Stall/van bought some ground/minced chicken and I decided on chicken burgers.
Bought my potatoes for different dishes and headed home

I got all the ingredients ready and though Nope! Put all the herbs and spices away
went to the cupboard and got the hot sauce and decide to make a buffalo burger!

These are not hot, more tasty.
I can't do hot so believe me when I say they are not hot.


What you'll need 

Ground/minced chicken ~ 800 grams
smoked paprika~ 1 teaspoon
onion powder ~ 1 teaspoon
garlic powder ~ 1/2 teaspoon
chili powder ~ 1/2 teaspoon
ground coriander ~ 1/2 teaspoon
salt ~ 1/4 teaspoon
pepper~ 1/2 teaspoon
hot sauce ~ 1/8th cup + 1 tablespoon

In a bowl add the chicken then add smoked paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, chili powder, ground coriander and salt and pepper.
Mix well.
It's best to use your hands.
add the hot sauce, mix well again. best to use your hands

cover bowl and refrigerate for a couple of hours

when ready to cook.
make the chicken mix in to 6 burgers/patties
They will be sticky and not the easiest to work with.

In a hot pan add a little oil and bring the heat up.
place the burgers into the pan.
turn the heat down.

cook until cooked RIGHT THROUGH!

Enjoy!



















No comments:

Post a Comment