Tuesday 21 April 2015

Strawberry poppy seed dressing

While talking to a friend this week who was talking about the salad she was making for dinner I wanted to run to the store and get all the ingredients for the  salad she was making.
Instead we had Indian food that night ;)
The next day and I went out and bought all the ingredients  I would need for the salad and came home and made a completely different salad!

I remembered the poppy seeds in the herb and spice cupboard  (which is normally only for lemon poppy seed cake)
So I decided it was poppy seed dressing and a salad. Biggest problem was most of the recipes required mayonnaise which I just didn't want to add. Then I found some berry dressings, hence the strawberry poppy dressing.
I have to tell you normally dressing aren't my thing and a bit of fruit in a salad is ok…but if I wanted a fruit salad I would order one or make one…..
Well this has me converted.

*The dressing will last up 2 days if stored in the fridge. You'll need to take it out about 15 minutes before using it.

What you'll need

olive oil ~  just under 1/4 cup
white balamsic vinegar ~ 1/4
chopped strawberries ~ 1/4 cup
1 small clove of garlic
Sugar ~ 2 1/2 tablespoons (I used real sugar)
red onion chopped ~ 1 heaped tablespoon
poppy seeds ~ 3/4 tablespoon
Salt ~ 1/8 teaspoon

Put everything in the blender EXCEPT the poppy seeds
Blitz for a couple of minutes
pour into a container. add your poppy seeds, shake so mixed well

I served this with a salad of Spinach, grilled turkey, snow peas/mange tout, celery, red/bell peppers,
blueberries, almond flakes and a few mild blue cheese crumbs










No comments:

Post a Comment