Thursday 16 April 2015

Smoke Haddock kedgeree

I loved this meal when I was a kid.
After looking at  many different  recipes I couldn't exactly find what I wanted. Not that I had ever made it.
All I knew mine had to have peas in in it
I didn't really care what else it had as long as there was peas and smoked haddock :)

Finding the smoked haddock was the challenge while I knew a shop that sold it, it was finding it on the shelf…Well finely I got some!

So last night was Kedgree night.

What you'll need

2 cups of uncooked basmati  rice (cup and drain and leave to cool)

Smoked haddock (I could only find dyed)
2 bay leaves
milk
white onion ~ 1 medium sized chopped
2 eggs  ~ hard boiled and chopped
butter ~ 1 tablespoon
peas ~ 1/2
curry powder ~ 1 teaspoon
salt and pepper
Fresh parsley


Cook your rice, drain and leave to cool ( the colder the rice the better it wont stick together)

cook your eggs until hard boiled

In a pan ut the haddock and bay leaves and cover with milk and leave to simmer until fish starts flaking
This took about 10 minutes

Remove fish and flake

chop up eggs

in a pan add the butter, curry powder and chopped onion
add the peas.

add the rice and mix well

add the flaked fish and egg and mix REALLY well

serve with fresh parsley

Enjoy

* I use a white onion as its milder than a brown onion but just a bit more flavor than a red onion normally



What you'll need + peas which I forgot to picture :)

In a pan at the haddock and bay leaves
cover with milk and leave to simmer
This took at 10 minutes

Remove the fish and flake

smash, chop your eggs

In a pan add the butter, curry and white onion

add the peas


add the all rice and mix all together
add the flaked haddock and chopped egg

Serve with fresh parsley

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment