Sunday 12 April 2015

No meat meal ~ Tomato Savory Pie

I recently brought up no meat meals again in our house for ALL of us.
The looks I got were quiet funny!!!

I mean they both like and even love lots of meatless food.

Well…….After seeing this recipe and seeing similar versions I keep coming back to it.
Remembering when I lived in Japan I bought some small throw away pie dishes.
The only pie dish I have are big deep dish or family sized or a small square dish and the thought of the putting the pastry in the square dish was already causing me problems :)

This really was a tasty dish. I surprised myself using the jalapeño's  (I also surprised myself just finding that funny N)


It was really nice, I think i'll add just a slightly less basil next time


What you'll need

Pie shell cooked
tomatoes
basil ~ I used just under 1/4 cup
jalapeño chili ~ 1 without the seeds
2 types of grated cheese ~ 1/2 cup of each
mayonnaise ~ 1/4 cup
salt

I made the pastry and blind cooked it while preparing all the other ingredients

Cut and slice the tomatoes and then sprinkle with a little salt and leave for 20 minutes
rip the basil into smaller bits
chop the jalapeño
mix the cheese and mayo

with kitchen paper dab away the salt on the tomatoes and layer them into the pie shell
add the basil and jalapeño
cover with the cheese mix and bake at 180/350 degrees for 30 minutes

 *I used a mozzarella pizza cheese and a gouda

what you'll need

sprinkle a SMALL amount of salt on
the tomatoes for 20 minutes

mix cheese and mayo
mix well

with kitchen paper dab the salt off the tomatoes
Then start layering the tomatoes 

Rip the bail and add on top of the tomatoes

add the jalapeño chili

add the cheese and mayo mix
making sure to not go over the edges

bake at 180/350 degrees for 30 minutes

Enjoy 





No comments:

Post a Comment