Wednesday 17 August 2016

              Not quite Julie's Chicken & grilled 
           peach salad with a mint vinaigrette


I was looking through my Instagram and noticed a friend had posted her dinner from the night before.
Oh my it looked so good! It was Grilled chicken with grilled white peach salad.
I looked for the recipe, but I couldn't find it.

Then I started thinking what could I make similar.
Hence Not quite Julie's chicken and grilled peach salad was made

I don't normally like fruit in my mail meal and especially cooked fruit
fruit salad dressing or a little fruit in a salad is ok.
BUT.......I have to tell you this salad ROCKS!!!!!

This was one of the nicest salads I have ever eaten at home
Definitely  will be making this again
Thank you Julie!!!


What you'll need for the salad

Mixed salad leaves
fresh peaches ~ 1-2 ( I use one per person for a dinner)
chicken breast ~ I used 1 small breast per person
feta cheese crumbled ~ 1/2 cup
smoke, sweet and spicy pecans ~ 1/2 cup
salt for seasoning chicken

firstly start by poaching the chicken
In a saucepan add the chicken and cover with water and season with a pinch of salt
cook the chicken for about 8 -10 minutes. Making sure the chicken is cooked through
When cooked remove from saucepan and leave a  a few minutes before slicing

Wash the leaves and add to your dish/plate
wash the peaches and slice in half and remove the stone
slice the peach into slices or wedges
heat a griddle pan with a little butter/oil or coconut oil
add the peaches to the HOT  griddle
When the peaches are marked turn over. They will not take long to cook
add the chicken and peaches to the leaves, add the crumbled Feta cheese, add the pecans and drizzle with the vinaigrette

The pecans are a lovely extra touch. I make something similar to these at Christmas time.


What you'll need for the smokey, spicy, sweet pecans

plain raw pecans  ~ 1 cup
smoke paprika ~ 1/4 teaspoon
cayenne pepper ~ 1/2 teaspoon
onion powder ~ 1/4 teaspoon
maple syrup ~ 3/4 tablespoon
olive oil ~ 1/2 teaspoon

preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F

in a bowl add the pecans, smoked paprika, cayenne pepper and onion powder
add the oil and maple syrup and mix well making sure all the pecans are coated.

line a baking tray with parchment paper or using a baking mat
spread the pecans onto the the prepared tray and bake for 12-14 minutes
keep checking every 4-5 minutes and also stirring the pecans and turning if needed

when they have a deep rich colour remove from the oven and leave to cool

The mint vinaigrette also really adds to this dish.
its not overpowering but enough to make the difference



What you'll need for the vinaigrette

fresh mint leaves, chopped ~ 2 tablespoons
apple cider vinegar ~ 2 tablespoons
honey ~ 1 teaspoon
red onion chopped ~ 2 tablespoons
olive oil ~ 4 tablespoons
salt and pepper to taste

in a dressing bottle or a old jam jar/mason jar
add the apple cider vinegar, honey, olive oil, red onion and mint leaves
then add a pinch or salt and pepper to taste

add the lid to the bottle/jar and shake well

***
I have been asked what a pinch is , I literally just take a pinch of each with my thumb and finger
or you can measure out 1/8 teaspoon
***





















No comments:

Post a Comment