Wednesday 20 July 2016

Buttermilk Honey Maple Cornbread

        Buttermilk honey maple cornbread

I have had cornbread and I made cornbread over the years some we good, some were ok.

One of my favourites was when we were in New Hampshire  at a 4th of July BBQ
I wanted to try and make the same type. I've never been able to replicate it
Like I said I have tried cornbread kind of come close. Then I made this cornbread and its at the top of my list to make when I need to whip up extra sides

This is by far my favourite.  It is is on the sweet side.
I also like it as it is made with cornmeal and no added corn

Great with chili or at for a  BBQ or just a side dish.
This is also a great leftover snack


What you'll need

butter ~ 1/2 cup, melted
honey ~ 1/2 cup
sugar ~ 1/3 cup
eggs ~ 2
butter milk ~ 1 cup
flour plain/all purpose ~ 1 cup + 2 tablespoons
cornmeal ~ 1 cup
salt ~ 1/2 teaspoon
baking soda ~ 1/2 teaspoon
maple syrup ~ 1/4 cup

preheat oven to 190°c/375°f

in a bowl add the melted butter, honey, sugar and mix well
add the eggs  and cornmeal and continue to mix until mixture is completely mixed together

in another bowl, mix the flour, cornmeal, salt and baking soda, mix together making sure it all mixed together

add the wet ingredients into the cornmeal mix
the mix will be lumpy
stir the mixture until completely blended together


Grease an 8x8  pan

pour the mix into the prepared pan

bake for 20 - 25 minutes.
After 18 minutes I placed a piece of foil over the pan and cooked for a futher 5 minutes

You'll know it is cooked when you put a knife into the cornbread and it comes out clean

when removed from the oven, pour over maple syrup and spread with a pastry brush, leave to cool.

Enjoy!


























No comments:

Post a Comment