Monday 18 July 2016

Buttermilk chocolate bread muffins

                     Buttermilk Chocolate bread muffins



I'm back in my kitchen and almost loving being back.
The big problem is the jet lag. I'm not being very successful at getting ver the jet lag

So....TS has asked for some chicken tenders and I always make my tenders with buttermilk
problem is I don't always get to use up all the buttermilk. I'd thought about making cornbread but I decided I'd make that in the week.
Then I decided that I wanted to maybe do some baking and freezing some.
I decided to start with some Buttermilk Chocolate bread Muffins

These are always a hit and freeze great!

What you'll need 

All purpose/plain flour ~ 2 cups
Dutch coco powder ~ 1/2 cup (less sweet)
Baking powder ~ 2 teaspoons
salt ~ 1/2 teaspoon

Eggs ~ 2
sugar ~ 1/2 cup
buttermilk ~ 1 cup
olive oil ~ 1/3 cup
Vanilla Extract ~ 1 teaspoon
chocolate chopped ~ 200grams (I used 2 x 100g bars one dark chocolate one white chocolate) This just under 1 and 1/4 cups

Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F
line muffin pans

In a bowl beat the eggs and sugars
add the buttermilk, olive oil and vanilla extract and milk well

in another bowl add the flour, baking powder, salt and coco powder and mix well

Sieve the flour and coco mix into the wet ingredients
mix well

fold in the chopped chocolate

fill the muffin liners up about 3/4 of the way

Bake in the oven for 18-22 minutes

Leave for a few minutes then remove from muffin pan and leave to cool on a cooling rack

Enjoy!

































No comments:

Post a Comment