Sunday 27 September 2015

Lentil and smoked bacon soup

                                           Lentil and smoked bacon soup


I love soup and I wanted something a bit different to normal. 
Everything I needed I had so I thought ok lets give this a try.

It was  tasty and filling

What you'll need

1 cup of lentils (I used blond )
1 cup of chopped smoked bacon (I used a packed of lardon)
1 cup of chopped onion
1/2 chopped celery
1/2 cup of chopped carrots
1 can of tomatoes (pureed or mashed up)
1 liter of chicken stock
1 bayleaf
1 teaspoon of smoked paprika
1 tablespoon of dried thyme
1 tablespoon of garlic puree
1 tablespoon of oil
salt and pepper  to taste

In a saucepan a add the oil on a low heat.
add the onions and start cooking the onions. Do this for about 4 ~ 5 minutes. Move the onions to the side and add the bacon cook for a few minutes then add the celery and carrots and garlic puree and cook for about 5 more minutes.
BE CAREFUL not to have the heat to high
Add the tomatoes, lentils bayleaf,  thyme, smoked paprika, salt and pepper
mix well
Then add the chicken stock.

AGAIN mix well.

Add the lid and leave to simmer low  for 45  minutes to 1 hours.
giving it the occasional  stir

Enjoy 











No comments:

Post a Comment