Saturday 5 September 2015


Fruit Salsa with Cinnamon Chips 




It really feels like winter is coming.
In fact it actually feels like winter is here already. 
Then I go to the market and see all the lovely what I call "summer fruits'
Nothing like lovely fresh summer fruits.
I still wanted to try something different with the fruit.
So I made Fruit Salsa and Cinnamon Chips.
...and it was good!
What you'll need
Flour tortillas
Light brown sugar ~ 1/3 cup of sugar
1 tablespoon of cinnamon
melted butter
Well.... I used
For the salsa
nectarine ~ 1 all peeled and chopped
Granny smith Apple ~ 1 all peeled and chopped
kiwi ~ 1 all peeled and chopped
strawberries ~ 1 cup
raspberries ~ 1/2 cup
Fresh lemon juice ~ 1 teaspoon
teaspoon of jam ( I used strawberry) ~ 1 tablespoon
light brown sugar ~ 1 teaspoon
Mix the sugar and cinnamon in a small dish until all blended together.
Brush the melted butter over both sides of the tortillas.
Sprinkle with the sugar/cinnamon mix 
Then I used a cookie cutter to cut some shapes.
Mine where acorn shaped smile emotico 
Then I baked in the oven at 180/350 degrees for about 10 minutes.
You want them crispy, but when removed from the oven and cooled they get crispier 
I juiced half a lemon 
I then peeled and chopped all the fruit I was using
(this can be very therapeutic smile emoticon ) 
I chopped the apple first and added it to the lemon juice and mixed it well.
Then after chopping all the other fruit I added the apples, sugar and jam and mixed.
Making sure the jam was and sugar was mixed in store in the fridge until needed and take out about 10 minutes before serving 
Enjoy 
























smile emoticon

No comments:

Post a Comment