Sunday 23 October 2016

Brookies

                                Brookies 




I was looking for something different form the usual desserts I make.
Most people know I'm NO BAKER!

TS loves all cookies, TH likes what he calls real cookies as in chocolate chip cookies.

I did think I'd make a huge batch of cookie mix and get some ready to freeze.

Going through my baking supplies and I had no milk or dark chocolate. I did have a load of white chocolate bars.
I do tend to use chocolate bars instead of chocolate chips. It's cheaper and only takes a minute to chop up a bar

I then thought I'd make some blondies, I mean I don't normally ruin them. Like I said I'm no baker.

Eventually I remembered Brookies.
A Brownie and a Cookie mixed
My oven makes the cookie crunchy. So as to not make it too crunchy I add a foil covering around 25/30 minutes into baking.

These are fantastic with a scoop of ice cream

What you'll need

for the cookie dough

1/2 cup of unsalted butter
1/2 cup of dark brown sugar
1/4 cup of sugar
1 egg
1/2 teaspoon of vanilla
1 cup + 4 tablespoons of all purpose/plain flour
1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1 cup/150grams of white chocolate chopped

for the brownie batter

1 cup unsalted butter
1 cup/150 grams of white chocolate chopped
2 cups of sugar
4 eggs
1 teaspoon of vanilla
1 cup of coca powder
1 1/2 cups of all purpose/plain flour
1 teaspoon of baking powder
1/2 teaspoon of salt

Make the cookie dough first

In a microwaveable dish melt the butter
Add the brown and white sugar to the melted butter and mix well
Add the egg and vanilla and keep mixing
sieve the flour, baking soda and the salt into the wet mixture and mix well.
Making sure all is mixed
Fold in the chocolate.

Prepare a dish or tray ready for the cookie dough

With two spoons, spoon the mixture into balls/blobs (Mine were blobs) on to the prepared tray
and put them into the freezer until needed

In a bowl add the butter and the chopped chocolate and microwave for 90 seconds or until melted
Give the mix a stir, add the sugar and keep mixing.
Add the eggs one at a time, then add the vanilla making sure to stir the mixture well.

Sieve the coco powder into the mixture and stir well.
Sieve the flour, baking powder and salt into the mix making sure all the flour is completely mixed

Prepare a 9 x13 pan. I lined my with baking paper.

Pour the brownie batter into the pan.
Remove the cookie from the freezer.

Place the cookie dough into the brownie mix.

Bake at 180°C/350°F for minimum of 50 minutes (with my oven, my Brookies took 60 minutes)

25/30 minutes into cooking cover your dish with foil as not to burn the top.

Enjoy!






























No comments:

Post a Comment