Sunday 6 December 2015

Best Turkey Ever!

                                            Best Turkey Ever!




This really is the easiest way to do turkey.

It is always moist and juicy.
It doesn't take ages to prepare
and.....it always turns out perfect!!!!!

What you'll need

Turkey, Fresh/or defrosted ~ I used a 12lb turkey
Chicken stock ~ 2 cups
salt and pepper pinch of each
olive oil ~ 1/2 cup
water  8-10 cups

Preheat your oven to 175/350 degrees

Prepare your turkey tin or dish for add the chicken stock
Then place  a turkey rack in the dish/tray. You need to keep the turkey off the bottom of the dish
(I have used onions when I didn't have tray)

Boil the water
The in a clean sink  place the turkey
Pour the boiling water over the turkey. You will see the skin shrink.
Place the turkey onto the rack in the turkey tin
season with salt and pepper
Pour the olive oil onto the turkey making sure it is all covered.

****
I always stuff my turkey with apples that have been quartered and onions
****

Cover the turkey with foil or a lid if you have one.
Bake for 2 1/2 hours basting the turkey once after 1 1/2~2hours
Turn the oven down to 160/325 degrees for a further 1 1/2 hours.

If you want you can remove the foil/lid and cook the last 1/2 hour uncovered.
I find I don't need to with the turkey tin I'm currently using

****
I always using a meat thermometer which should read 165-175 degrees F or 75-80 degrees C
Hubby always does what he call's the old fashioned way and cuts into the turkey.


Remove the turkey from the tray and leave to rest for about 20 minutes































No comments:

Post a Comment