Wednesday 2 December 2015

Apple Cider

                                                     Hot Apple Cider 
                                                                                    my version 




I love making this drink. To me me it tastes of the start of December :)
It is so easy! Everything really is just thrown in!

Years ago while staying with some of my favourite people, our son was asked if he wanted some Apple Cider. I nearly chocked...offering my 5 year old apple cider
As apple cider in the UK contains alcohol.
It was soon explained what apple cider in the U.S was.
Well Jamie loved it. He still does :)

After that I would hear apple cider mentioned a lot.
So one year I decided to make my own version of a hot apple cider drink. I  myself personally like it when its cooled.

I make this over night and the house smells wonderful in the morning

THIS RECIPE CAN BE MADE ON THE STOVETOP

What you'll need

2 different types of apples ~ 5-6 apples
orange ~ 1
lemon ~ 1 small
nutmeg whole ~ 1
Cinnamon sticks ~ 2
cloves ~ 2
light brown sugar ~ 1/3 cup
water ~ 10 cups


Chop all your fruit up (I removed the seeds from the apple)
place in the crockpot/slowcooker
add the cloves, whole nutmeg, cinnamon sticks and light brown sugar.
add the water water and stir.
cook on love for 5-6 hours

Mash the contents with a potato masher

Drain the contents from the crockpot.
Using a large jug and sieve.
I sieve this twice

Pour the liquid into the crockpot and leave on warm or cook low
until needed




















No comments:

Post a Comment