Sunday 15 January 2017

             Raspberry Cranberry Iced Tea


I'm not a tea drinker at all! I like drinks that say they are tea but taste NOTHING like tea, well unless its cold and the fake stuff.

I don't always want sodas. 
I do like fruit cold teas...well not actual teas. I just like when it has tea in the name.
So when they say oh we have a lovely blackberry tea that is made here...Im like hummm NOPE! 
I want the fake stuff! 

We do like Raspberry Ice flavoured drinks.
In fact when I'm in the US its always at the top of my list to make sure I get. 

Then this summer I was given a Yeti cup....I LOVE my Yeti cup. Really I do.
It's just awesome! 
For somebody like myself who doesn't drink hot drinks and who loves ice cold drinks...just perfect 

So you know E I blame you for my love of both Raspberry Ice and my Yeti! 

Well since I got my Yeti I have been visiting Starbucks and spending far too much money on a cold drink.
I would say I might have a little problem with how much I love these drinks (Hibiscus tea lemonade and it is actually tea I believe)
If  I added up what I've spent I'm on them sure I could have have booked a holiday for a family of 4 ... only joking but your getting my drift!
So I came up with this drink...tastes NOTHING like the original drink I'd mentioned

This drink is so much cheaper and tastes great
I make this up in the night and next morning nice cold drink.
Yeti filled with ice, great start to my day :)

So it costs me €4.65 for a venti sized Starbucks drink ~ 24 oz
making it at home less than €1 for 56 oz

No it doesnt taste ANYTHING like the Hibiscus tea Lemonade but I actually prefer my drink...Seriously I do ;)

What you'll need

Water ~ 4-5 cups
tea bags ~ 3 ( I used Raspberry white tea)
cranberry light ~ 2 cups
lemon juice ~ juice of one whole lemon

Boil the water
juice the lemons 
in a jug add the tea bags
pour the boiling water onto the teabags
add the lemon juice
when cooled slightly add the cranberry juice 
leave in the fridge 

serve over ice

Enjoy!









No comments:

Post a Comment