Monday 28 March 2016

Sweet Potato Crust Quiche pie

                                   Sweet Potato Crusted Quiche

I love sweet potatoes, So when I seen this recipe I knew I needed to try this soon!
Of  course I made it my way ;)
I got the idea when I seen something similar with a spinach  filling.
While I like spinach, I knew this wouldn't have been on the top of my list to try

So I made one with Crab meat.
I was surprised how easy this was to make and it was pretty tasty

I had originally bought the crab (in a tin) to make baked wontons. I just never got to making them.

This really could be made with any filling
Next time I think I'll try a veggie filling


What you'll need

sweet potatoes ~ 3
small red onion ~ 1
eggs  ~ 3
grated cheese ~ 1 cup
milk ~ 3/4 cup
tin crab ~ 1 tin (about 1/2 cup)
salt and pepper

preheat the oven to 180/350 degrees
peel and slice the sweet potatoes
then slice them (I used the mandolin)
place  the sliced sweet potato in the bottom of the a pie dish
and up the sides (for the sides I cut the slices in half)
Making sure not to leave any gaps
sprinkle with salt and pepper
bake for 20  minutes, making sure that the potato slices are soft

peel and slice the onion and cook until soft and leave to cool

drain the crab well

Mix the eggs, milk, cheese, crab, and cooked onion and season with salt and pepper

Pour the filling mix over the sweet potatoes and place back in the oven for another 40-45 minutes at 180/350 degrees


















No comments:

Post a Comment