Wednesday 4 November 2015

Homemade Italian Sausage



This time of year I find so many recipes which need Italian sausage.
Trying to find this in the store used to bad enough
Then if I do find it I find it can be expensive.

Also like I said lots of recipes need this, so I now make my own

I normally season and leave for minimum of 12 hours. Then I separate the mixture in half and then freeze half and the other half I make meatballs, cook and freeze and add to a quick pasta dinner when time is short.

When you make this leave for at least 12 hours

1 kg minced/ground pork

ground anise ~ 1 teaspoon
ground fennel ~ 2 1/2 teaspoons
ground white pepper ~ 1/2 teaspoon
garlic powder ~ 3/4 teaspoon
onion powder ~ 1 teaspoon
chili powder ~ 1 teaspoon
salt ~ 1/2 teaspoon
dried parsley ~ 1 teaspoon
paprika ~ 1 teaspoon


red wine vinegar ~ 2 tablespoons

add all the ingredients into a bowl and mix well

cover and leave in the fridge for at least 12 hours










No comments:

Post a Comment